dimanche 13 septembre 2015

Iran: prisoner suffering from cancer says he is dying

Afshin Sohrabzadeh
Afshin Sohrabzadeh, 34, a Kurdish political prisoner detained in Minab Prison in northwestern Iran, wrote a letter to Ahmad Shaheed, the UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights in Iran.
“I am certain that you don’t know me, but I hope this letter reaches your hands so that you will know I am a 24-year old young man who in a 5-minute court hearing was sentenced to 25-years behind bars, and I am currently suffering from cancer in prison. I was arrested by Kamiyaran Intelligence Department agents on June 8, 2010. As far as I can remember I was completely healthy prior to being arrested. I was placed under severe torture in the Intelligence Department; my nose was broken and myocele was torn due to severe blows delivered by the intelligence agents.
“Mr. Ahmad Shaheed, I would have to write a book if I wanted to write to you about all the pain and suffering I have gone through in these years. However, what I am really suffering from today is an illness that may ultimately lead to my death. Cancer is the sickness that cannot be treated in Iran. Due to this illness there is currently nothing left of me but skin and bones.”

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire