samedi 26 mars 2016

Iran: The story of a political prisoner described to the UN


Crackdown of Political prisoner in Iran

Hassan Sadeghi, a political prisoner currently kept in a prison in the city of Karaj, west of Tehran, explains his life and the way he is being treated by the Iranian regime prison guards to the United Nations Human Rights Council. Mr. Sadeghi was also arrested once before back in 1980s.
He writes: “My Name is Hassan Sadeghi and I was arrested in 1981 when I was only 16 years old. I was kept behind bars until 1987 and the main charges raised against me were actually the charges the state had raised against my mother and father. However, I was condemned because of them. After being released from prison, considering the fact that my mother and father were still wanted and living under cover, I was left with the responsibility to take care of the family. However, I always had to endure harassment from the state because of my mother and father.
In 2012 when my father passed away, considering the fact that he was a relative of a People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) activist, not only did authorities ban any commemorating ceremony for my father (being a very basic right), they also attacked our house and disrupted the family gathering we had been holding. They insulted our friends and relatives, and then arrested me, my wife and my two children (Iman and Maryam), and transferred us to ward 209 of Evin Prison .
I was then sentenced to 15 years behind bars for this ‘family crime’ (my mother and father were politically active). My wife was also sentenced to 15 years behind bars for having a brother who opposed the state.
I am asking the Human Rights Council to follow up on these issues.
 March 23, 2016

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire