jeudi 25 décembre 2014

Senator Roy Blunt: We gave our commitments to camp Ashraf, and we have not kept those commitments

                    Senator Roy Blunt
I am senator Blunt from Missouri, I am pleased to be able to welcome you here, and to do whatever we needed to do to be sure that we had this space for you to have this important discussion 
It has been little over a year now since the sanctions were lifted in Iran something that I thought should not happen at the time. Every day I am more and more certain that I was right that, that should not have happened and things seemed to be moving in a direction toward of some kind of conclusion. And it seems to me that conclusion we are moving toward now, is not an acceptable one or one that we should be part of. But you are going to be talking about that with people who understand the issue in detail, who understand the criticality of the moment in detail, who understand, at least in my view, incredibly bad judgment to continue to extend the talks going on with Iran as they continue do exactly the things we would not want them to be doing and the world should not want them to be doing. 
Another issue that I have been involved in, and is critically important issue, of what happens with the people at camp Liberty, people that we gave our commitment to camp Ashraf, and we have not kept that commitment. But you are really benefiting today from a great moderator Francis Townsend, and a great panel, Ambassador Bolton, who I admire so much as I do General Kean, and my good friend senator Lieberman who we worked for yeas when I was in the house and he was in the senate and brief time we were in senate together to find more things we could work on but these Foreign Policy issues and our National Defense issues have always been issues that I was proud to stand side by side with Joe Lieberman on, he is a great reflection of what public service should be about. He is straight forward, he is knowledgeable, he is a defender of democracy and freedom, and it’s my great honor to introduce him today,  Joe Lieberman!   

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire